Institute of Musicology, University of Warsaw - Musicology studies have already over sixty-year-long tradition in the University of Warsaw. The Division of Musicology started its activities on 1 October 1948 as the History Section of the Faculty of Humanities, the University of Warsaw. The initiator of the creation of the division was philosophy professor Zofia Lissa, a musicologist graduated and active in the interwar period at the Jan Kazimierz University in Lviv. First studies at the new division started twelve students and on the curriculum were five lectures constituting principal subjects: "About the musical thinking", "The systematics of musicology", "The history of musical culture", "The harmonic analysis", and "The formal analysis". The Directors of the Institute was hold (in chronological order): prof. Zofia Lissa, prof. Anna Czekanowska-Kuklińska, prof. Zofia Helman, prof. Mirosław Perz, and at present prof. Sławomira Żerańska-Kominek.